The Indian retail market is highly competitive, with consumers being presented with numerous options both online and offline. This makes it crucial for FMCG brands to be close to their end consumers. To achieve this, an efficient distribution system that reduces order to delivery & replenishment time becomes crucial, with “Beat Optimization” being a key element of this strategy. A good beat strategy is one of the most critical parts of distribution management for the plain reason that it prevents wastage of time and effort.
We often see sales heads struggling to handle sales reps and create beats in a way which leads to maximizing sales and outlet coverage. They analyze various parameters, consider sales numbers and make plans for them.
Optimum utilization of sales resources is one of the most significant challenges FMCG companies face in a diversified country like India. The factors influencing the effectiveness of sales resources are enormous.
Sales reps play a critical role in reaching out to retail stores, refilling stocks, and generating revenues for FMCG companies. Hence, systematic beat planning could go a long way in establishing a strong brand presence in the market.
- Are our sales reps performing to their full potential every day?
- Are they optimally managing their time, basis outlet profiling?
- Are sales reps adhering to their beats?
- Are they being compliant in the market?
- Is there any overlapping of sales reps’ routes?
- Are sales reps able to cover all outlets?
- Are they under-utilised? Can they be more productive?
- Are the beats long and cumbersome?
- But is this done in a fully proven manner?
This report explores how Bizom’s Beat Optimization can address these challenges and improve ground-level productivity and sales efficiency.